Hello world

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Wibb

Hello world

Post by Wibb »

Hi folks,
Just in the process of buying a 6840 and hopefully will have it up and running before the end of the month :D
My background is doing CADCAM work for a sheet metal fabrication company, We run a Bystronic Bystar 4025/6025 4.4kw laser which chomps through steel like you wouldnt believe.

I thought about getting my own laser to keep me busy in the weekends and so I find myself here with a little help from an old pal (Spooky).

All the best

Simon
Daven

Re: Hello world

Post by Daven »

Hi Simon, welcome to the fold! ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Si,

I'll give you a call when I get back from B&Q, just run in the new tube and it's cutting like a dream :)

cheers

D
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Actually, a hello world for the laser would be a good idea (Apart from the focus piece!)

My Makerbot had a dodecahedron as a hello world item. And the first life the motherboard had was a blinking ready light that just went Flash, Flash, long flash!
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
technomupet67

Post by technomupet67 »

Hello and welcome.

Got a 6840 myself a few months ago, still learning...simple squares were my first cuts.
Just finished my makerbot as well and printed a cube...as my hello world nothing as fancy as yours...

Since managed to laser cut a few boxes with m3 screws slots for my Arduino/seeeduino projects, and printed some 3d knots on my makerbot!! Still a lot to learn which is what I was looking for when I bought the machines.

All the best
Oli
Wibb

Post by Wibb »

Just got a call from Chris, my 6840 should be arriving momentarily :D