Rubber Stamp supplies

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Pedro_Hernandez

Rubber Stamp supplies

Post by Pedro_Hernandez »

Ok so I've made my rubber stamps and at the moment I'm using EZ or cling mounting foam to perspex blocks.

What Im realy after but not having much luck with UK suppliers are things like self inking style stamps that I can use my own stamps with.

Cheers

Peter
HPC1290 User HPC 3020 Owner
Spooky

Re: Rubber Stamp supplies

Post by Spooky »

Trodat Pete, They suply small multi colour self inkers :)

Best way to make a stamp for the pad type inkers is a piece of 8mm acrylic on a B&Q drawer knob :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

I made my own, good old fashioned ones :-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Pedro_Hernandez

Nice Dave !

Just a question what settings do you use seeing as we cant grade/engrave with the 3020 ?

Cheers

Peter
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

You can engrave with the 3020, you set it to scan in the program, and select the speed. Slower = deeper.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Phil,

Grade engrave works differently, it adds a taper in the Z axis (up and down) to the engrave to give more strength to items such as the dot on say the letter "i" and other small items.

Engrave just cuts a parallel cycle with no taper, if used on rubber stamps it would cause smaller items to bend or snap off.

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Oops, missed that other part! :oops:

You could do multiple engrave passes, might take a bit of work to get it right.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Daven

Post by Daven »

Pedro_Hernandez wrote:Nice Dave !

Just a question what settings do you use seeing as we cant grade/engrave with the 3020 ?

Cheers

Peter
Hi Peter - I use speed 100 and two passes at around four turns on the pot ;-)

Cheers

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Pedro_Hernandez

Spooky wrote:Phil,

Grade engrave works differently, it adds a taper in the Z axis (up and down) to the engrave to give more strength to items such as the dot on say the letter "i" and other small items.

Engrave just cuts a parallel cycle with no taper, if used on rubber stamps it would cause smaller items to bend or snap off.

best wishes

Dave
Are you sure?, the Z axis on the 1290 at work stays constant during a grade engrave. I thought the taper was achieved by the amount of power being changed as it passes , which is determined by the min & max set in the engrave options.

Regards

Peter
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Your'e quite right Peter,The z doesn't move, the program calculates the power fluctuations as you said hence the reason Lasercut takes time to calculate and compile when grade engraving compared to usual cut or engrave.
I do tend to skip a lot of more detailed explanations such as mean peak acceleration times and deceleration rates for servos et-al as they don't apply to newlydraw machines as they don't have the control systems or servo's to use it.I've learned that sometimes too much information causes more problems than it solves,take laser height adjustment, I tell people 41mm but the focal lenght is 50.8,if I post the full sp sooner or later somebody is going to change something they shouldn't ;)
Quite a few of the settings if they are changed can damage tubes and power supplies so I try to keep any explanations as simple as possible whilst still passing on the information required :)

hope that makes sense :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk