Greetings from Chichester

Moderators: HPC, Daven

LRPStore

Greetings from Chichester

Post by LRPStore »

Hi All,

Just taken delivery of our shiny new laser cutter from HPC (LS2012) it's a 150W 2m x 1.2m flatbed style cutter, having never used one before we know it's going to be a steep learning curve with many hours of playing but we hope to contribute our thoughts to the forum once we have some!

Mainly we are cutting leather and fabric for the products we make in our workshop which we well via http://www.lrpstore.com. We mostly make leather armour, medieval clothing and other LARP (Live Action RolePlay) kit, but we have also had requests from many local businesses to offer it as a service which we will do once we are up to speed with all the endless possibilities!

Thanks, Andy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy Coley - LARP Tech Laser - 01243 772210
Chichester, West Sussex http://www.larptechlaser.co.uk

LS2012 Laser Cutter (1200mm x 2000mm) 150W laser
Daven

Re: Greetings from Chichester

Post by Daven »

Hi Andy,

Welcome - your products look great! they will be handy when dealing with Spooky :lol:

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hi Andy :) I'm not that bad :)

All joking aside, how do you cope with Section 36 of the VCRA (Violent Crime Reduction Act)?

It's one of the reasons I got out of the gun trade.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
tweakie

Post by tweakie »

Hi Andy,

I tried laser cutting leather once and the smell was so bad I called it a day and added leather to my 'do not cut' list.
I presume you have extractor and filter systems to cope with the pong :)
Good fortune with your new machine.

Tweakie.
LRPStore

Post by LRPStore »

Hi guys,

Our weapons are made from foam so thankfully no violent crime! Infact we've made props for crimewatch in the past (foam crowbars!)

As for the extraction, yes we have an extractor under the unit and a fume unit above to catch the rest!

Sorry for the dealy in replying, didnt tick the notify me option!

Andy

Spooky

Post by Spooky »

I mean the Guns Andy, I had so much hastle with paperwork I just packed it in eventually :(

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
LRPStore

Post by LRPStore »

Ahh you mean our wood and metal replica ones - they are fine and even as flintlocks dont require a black powder license as they only fire caps

We cant send the abroad unfortunately, customs stop and return them but the UK is fine