More help needed

Moderators: HPC, Daven

NeedyPickle

More help needed

Post by NeedyPickle »

Ok, I have ordered my laser!!!!

My question is: I have been looking at Corel Draw and Photo Shop and getting very confused.

Does anyone know which version of either Corel Draw or Photo Shop I would need to get to run my laser??

I am basically wanting to engrave glass and have a cutting facility so will need software that has vector and rastor capabilities.

Pickle
Spooky

Re: More help needed

Post by Spooky »

Hiya,

Both have the facility to do Vector and raster,

The laser is run by its own dedicated software, corel and photoshop just provide the initial files to run.

There are plugins for coreldraw but stay away from them, they can cause quite a few conflicts :(

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Re: More help needed

Post by Daven »

I would start off using Gimp and IrfanView if you wanted to manipulate existing jpgs for raster engraving. Both are free so would be a good start to see what functions you require most.

For vectors (cutting) use Draftsight or DoubleCad again both free.

Cheers

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC