Newly draw

Moderators: HPC, Daven

joelin

Newly draw

Post by joelin »

Hi

Can anybody help me please?

When I go into Newlydraw I cannot see the grid lines as the page is grey. When I open a new file or a saved file I cannot see it in the work page. However, if I click engrave etc it will still cut out on the laser machine.

The headings on the newlydraw file i.e. file, edit etc are there in black but the last item which is 'page' is greyed out and I cannot click on it. I can call a new page up but it is grey and the text, circle, eclipse etc will not show on the work area of the page. I have the gridline option ticked so it should show up.

Has anyone had this probem and does anyone know how to rectify it please.

I have newly draw 1.5

Thank you.

Joan
Daven

Re: Newly draw

Post by Daven »

Hi Joan - I'm cutting something at the moment, when that's finished I'll have a look ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Daven

Post by Daven »

Hi Joan,

'Page' is disabled by default I assume it is for use be later versions or no longer used, but if you go to Options, Grid Layout you can change the colours of the grid there to see what happens - also check the initial page set up in the options too.

Unfortunatly there is not a reset button for the layout so it may mean re-installing, but check all the options first ;-)

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
joelin

Post by joelin »

Hi

Thank you for your quick response.

In 'options' 'grid layout' I have 5 boxes. vert.gap (5) horz.gap (5) 1st vert line (5)1st horz line (5). I then have a box for colour I have chosen Pink.

In the 'initial page size and view mode' I have 4 boxes. Layout (user), page width (297) page height (210) and view mode (full page)

Still no gridlines.
Daven

Post by Daven »

The laser may be doing the last job that was sent to it - If you load an old job -does it do that one?

Also what machine is it being used on?

Cheers

Dave
joelin

Post by joelin »

Hi

Thank you for your response.

It will cut whatever file I am in. I have cut different files since the problem occurred.

The machine is a laserscript 3020pro.

All the very best.
Daven

Post by Daven »

I have been trying to do the same on mine but can't! All I can think of is has the PC been used with 2 monitors so the page is off screen? Do you see the rulers at the top of the grey screen?

Best

Dave
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

I had something similar a while back. I had a sample file saved (for doing material samples) For some reason, 1 box of text was missing, but still engraved. It only ever happened on that file, and everything else was fine. The box was there, but no text was there, or showing.

A reinstall did the trick!
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)