Pixel problem

Moderators: HPC, Daven

NeedyPickle

Pixel problem

Post by NeedyPickle »

Hi 'All',

Hoping someone might have an answer to a little problem I am having with engraving my photos.

How do I make my engraving less pixelated? At the moment most of the stuff I have done looks as if it has the measles.

Ta

Ali
Spooky

Re: Pixel problem

Post by Spooky »

Hi Ali,

Pixelation is a legacy of resizing or compressing pictures. If you make a picture bigger the data in it remains the same it is just "averaged" out to make the image appear bigger. This is the big difference between Raster images and Vectors. Rasters lose quality and pixelate if resized, Vectors don't :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
NeedyPickle

Post by NeedyPickle »

Can I solve the problem though?
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Of removing pixelation? not really, its a problem of the format and not the actual picture. The only way to allow for it is to use a picture the same physical size as the output you want or bigger,

If you want to engrave an A3 size pictures onto glass the original has to be at A3 size at the detail level you want in the end product.

More scan lines etc will help but only if the original is bigger than the final output size. There are a lot of plugins and suchlike that can help but they can't remove the actual reason for the problem, only mask it.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
NeedyPickle

Post by NeedyPickle »

Thanks for that.

Ali