3020 not cutting through mount board

Moderators: HPC, Daven

miniaturemaniac

3020 not cutting through mount board

Post by miniaturemaniac »

Hi

My 3020 is almost 2 years old and has, up until now, been a little beauty.

I cut mostly mount board and have used 15% power speed 12 and this has been adequate for ages but of late I have found that I have been gradually turning up the power and now it is usually between 20% and 30%. It just doesn't seem to want to cut all the way through. Another thing too is that it cuts better in some places on a full sheet - like it will cut almost through in the top left hand corner - all the way through at the top right hand corner and will not cut through at all anywhere near the bottom.

I have looked through older entries on the forum to see if this is common but couldn't find anything.

I hope it's not my tube going because I reckon I have only used it for about 600 hours or so and was hoping I would get at least 1000 hours from it!

Any ideas guys - I would be extremely grateful.

Sue
PhillyDee

Re: 3020 not cutting through mount board

Post by PhillyDee »

First things to check:

Alignment of the laser beam
And height of the table at all 4 corners .

Have you ever cleaned the lens and mirrors? If not, do it use IPA and a soft lint free cloth (microfibre) or a cotton bud. Also, make sure you put the lens back the same way around. One side is flat, the other curved.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
miniaturemaniac

Thanks ever so much for quick reply.

I will do that tomorrow - settled in front of nice warm fire now and dogs on my lap !

I must admit I have not cleaned the lens and mirrors etc before (oops) but can I show my ignorance what is IPA?
Daven

Post by Daven »

My money will be on the lens and mirrors then as Phil said - give them a good clean (IPA is Isopropyl alcohol) but a good lens cleaner will do or even distilled water.

Make sure you put the mirror back in the head the right way round as well, the one under the little spring tag (take a picture of it as you take it out).

Best

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

I must admit I have not cleaned the lens and mirrors etc before
I'm with the guys Sue, it's going to be the lens and mirrors needing cleaning :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
miniaturemaniac

Thanks for your help guys BUT - I have cleaned the mirrors - but where do I find the LENS? As I realise it was only mirrors (3) that I cleaned. Of course the paperwork that comes with the 3020 is as much use as a chocolate fireguard - I can't find any mention of how to remove (or even find) the LENS!
Daven

Post by Daven »

Have a look here ;)

Best

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
miniaturemaniac

Oops thanks Dave - I just found this and have just come back into my post to remove it - thanks for your patience - now then to give it a test cut. Fingers crossed here goes.
miniaturemaniac

Yippee - she works just like she used to - thank you so much.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

:)

good news :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk