Hello I am new to all this

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Denise

Hello I am new to all this

Post by Denise »

Hello everyone I'm Denise from Norwich and have resently purchased an LS3060 and little over excited and keen to get started. My daughter and I are trying to upload hand drawings into the laser from CS5 Adobe Illustrator, I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in your forums and I apologise if I have missed it. We have used vectors and live traces and saved as a AI illustrator file ( I say we, it's my daughter that does that side of things) which is listed in the import file drop down in the laser program but it won't open. We have saved it as a tiff and it opens but will not cut the down load. Please can somebody help us new and probably over keen and missing something simple !!! people
yours hopefully

Denise and Sophie from Norwich
Daven

Re: Hello I am new to all this

Post by Daven »

Hi Denise - save it as a DXF and try that ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Spooky

Re: Hello I am new to all this

Post by Spooky »

Hi Denise,

Illustrator has some compression issues that can cause problems when laser cutting. As Dave said DXF is the way to go for cutting and bmp for rastering (engraving)

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk