Problem.Laser head sticks at a point in x axis?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

decduffy

Problem.Laser head sticks at a point in x axis?

Post by decduffy »

My Ls3020 laser has started to act up as of recently. At a point near the bottom left hand side of the bed, the fluid constant movement of the laser head will get caught for half a second and than stutter quickly forward.
It doesnt affect straight lines too much but it causes diagonal lines to not finish and curve all the time. It affects almost every cut which is very annoying. Ran my hand along the guide rails beneath the side guards to see if anything was causing to stick, they felt clean and oiled, the way i imagine they should. If anyone has any advice or has had this problem please reply. Thank you
Jimbo

Re: Problem.Laser head sticks at a point in x axis?

Post by Jimbo »

What operating system are you using? I've had loads of problems with Win8. I swapped to and older laptop using Win7 and problems have gone away. Also it my help if you upload the Config file from your PC (click " Download" as you would if you were uploading a file to the laser cutter and chose 'download Config' instead of 'download current' in the options box). As I said these worked for me.
LS3020LSCT, Lasercut 5.3, Win7 netbook
a whole lot of time with only a modicum of talent
decduffy

Post by decduffy »

Im running on windows xp 32bit, but im very sure its not a computer issue because the laser was working perfect for a number of months before this defect started.
Daven

Post by Daven »

If the head runs smoothly on it's own when the machine is turned off then its likely to be either the software (Newlydraw or Lasercut?) or maybe an issue with a stepper!

If Newlydraw maybe try a fresh install? Does it do it on all plans in the same place every time?

Cheers

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC