Fuse blowing....

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Devon

Fuse blowing....

Post by Devon »

So just got my mirrors aligned... check.

Running some test cuts..... still getting weird results. Lasers intermittently losing power, but its random.

Job finished, went to have tea, laser still on. Just not doing anything. Come back hour later. Its off, check fuse well and truly blown. Replace it, instantly blows again.

Thoughts? Will probably call Chris in the morning but im dreading the inevitable return to workshop. Its not an easy thing to sort....
Devon

Re: Fuse blowing....

Post by Devon »

Well it was the water pump..... stupidly its going to cost almost the same to send the pump back for a replacement as it will to just order a new one.....

Anyone replace their pump and can recommend something as good maybe better?
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

I bought s couple of hailea 3000ltr/gr pumps from ebay. Having a slight issue with connectors though!
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Devon

Post by Devon »

Well got home after being out with friends to find an email from Chris saying he'll pop a warranty replacement in the post. Top guy, no nonsense, gets straight to it. So happy ending (errr not like that) for me.
Devon

Post by Devon »

Well small update. Replacement pump turned up, everything fine. Except the laser still isnt cutting, its barely scratching the acrylic. Some more emails and phone calls later and its clear the tube is dead. Probably "cooked" as Chris put it. So got the wallet out and paid for a new tube and an annual service.

Now whilst Im not sure the service itself was worth the money, the advice and time that Simon from HPC gave during that visit certainly was. Talked me through all the maintenance stuff that needs to be done and showed me a few tips and tricks on how to focus and align properly. Measured my focusing distance and cut me several new focusing tools as well ( i managed to throw my old one out with all the scraps doh!)

On top of that, the replacement tube weighed in at a whopping 60W output. Not bad for a 40W tube. Especially given that the old tube was putting out a paltry 13.5W.

Been busy cutting all afternoon. Im happy as a pig in sh*t.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

That's the difference between the best and the rest Devon :)

With HPC you have years of experience only ever a phonecall away, outside of the business aspect Chris, Si and the crew up there are really nice people :)

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk