Adjusting Red Dots..

Moderators: HPC, Daven

davehills

Adjusting Red Dots..

Post by davehills »

Hi Guys,

I'm suspecting that the two focussing dots might be out on my machine (The two dots don't focus under the nozzle but are off-set)

How do I go about checking these and adjusting if found necessary?
keithwright

Re: Adjusting Red Dots..

Post by keithwright »

First set the focus height with the focus tool. Try putting a piece of card on the bed, fire the laser manually. Then adjust the lights to this dot.

Cheers

Keith
davehills

Post by davehills »

Thanks Keith..

The tool I have is a piece of Perspex, marked "55", with a lug on one end. The tool measures 55mm to the underside of this lug.

With what am I supposed to line this tool up with?
keithwright

Post by keithwright »

In my instruction manual it shows to the bottom of the knurled or machine nut of the lens holder. This is what I do. There is a picture on the next to last page of the manual that HPC supplied with our 6840.

Hope this helps.

Keith
Tom

Post by Tom »

If it dos'nt look right at 55mm try 58mm ;)

Tom
davehills

Post by davehills »

Found the page but my focus tool doesn't took anything like it. Mine has a lug sticking out the top corner.

Quick question to anyone with one of the tools shown in the manual. What is the distance between the top and bottom of the too.?

Mine has "55" engraved on it and indeed, it measures 55mm to the underside of the lug. However, if I use the top edge of the tool as shown in the manual, it's 57.7mm from material to knurled nut.

Is this correct?
Daven

Post by Daven »

On my 3060 the underside of the lug sits on the top of the plate of the lens holder:-
focus.png
(2.1 KiB) Downloaded 4326 times
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi Dave
Your focus is about 58mm so i would cut yourself a new focus tool and throw the old one in the bin :)
yes it's too the knurled bit just above the nozle
Tom
Daven

Post by Daven »

How did you work that out Tom? I didn't say what size it is or what lens I'm using ;)
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Tom

Post by Tom »

Ha ha too many Daves :lol:
About 78